COMPANY: MPR Development LLC
REQ #: 4601939
STATUS: Full Time
SHIFT: First / Day Second / Afternoon
LOCATION: 11320 Legacy Ave, Suite 100, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
ASSISTANT MANAGER SUMMARY:
The Assistant Manager will have the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the restaurant General Manager's absence, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including supervision and training of staff, product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of team members, financial accountability, and ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads Crew Members and directs all daily operations of the restaurant in the absence of the General Manager including supervising and training employees, opening and closing the store, ensuring all food preparation is complete, managing employee breaks and shift changes, and completing shift summary reports.
• Assists General Manager in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of Crew Members.
• Motivates and coaches Crew Members, and assists in the training of new Crew Members.
• Assists General Manager in day to day operations with tasks including scheduling, ordering, and team development.
• Ensures that the Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are followed.
• Ensures the restaurant is in compliance with the preventative maintenance program with regards to facility, equipment, and grounds maintenance.
• Supports other employees in completing their tasks.
• Maintains fast, accurate service, ensures an excellent customer experience, and ensures that all products are consistent with company standards.
• Excels in performing all Crew Member tasks including: runner/frontline coordinator, order taker/ dining room attendant, grill operator, sandwich maker, fry station, drinks and cashier.
• Completes other duties as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a food service or retail environment is preferred.
• Proven track record of leadership or managerial skills is preferred. LANGUAGE ABILITY:
This position requires excellent written, verbal and group communication skills. This position also requires the ability to read, analyze, create and interpret general business memos and documents. MATH ABILITY:
This position requires basic business math skills. REASONING ABILITY:
This position requires strong problem solving and decision making skills, and the ability to be flexible and adapt in any situation. COMPUTER SKILLS:
This position requires basic computer and internet skills, including computerized business tools such as email and learning management systems.
This position requires supervisory responsibilities of crew members, shift leaders, and shift managers. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position will require long periods of standing on hard surfaces, occasionally in warm temperatures. There is also likely to be extensive lifting of supplies and materials and moderate to loud noise. The use of hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects is required. Finger dexterity may be required for cash register use. There will be constant exposure to hot equipment and oil throughout the work day.
None The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management. It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Five Guys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Five Guys' goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, transfers, and promotions. Five Guys expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Five Guys started in Arlington, Va. in 1986, as a small, family-owned and operated carry-out burger joint. A cult-like following ensued, the press started taking note and now, decades later, there are nearly 1,600 locations worldwide. We're looking for people to join the Five Guys team and help us continue to grow! It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Five Guys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.