COMPANY: Five Guys Enterprises
REQ #: 8aa5def0-1659702399
LOCATION: 1500 NW Market St, Suite 102, Seattle, WA 98107
Five Guys Burgers and Fries is one of America's most successful hamburger concepts, not just for its food, ranked the #1 burger in America by the Zagat survey, but also because of its employees.Overview:
Five Guys Burgers and Fries is one of America's most successful hamburger concepts, not just for its food, ranked the #1 burger in America by Zagat survey, but also because of its employees. We have a unique work environment where crew members and management are trained to work every position in the restaurant. From the register, to the grill, to morning prep and evening close, our employees become a team working in all aspects of the restaurant. We also have a unique bonus program that provides the opportunity to earn cash bonuses each week.
We have an open kitchen experience so it's fun and it's loud with lots of team communication.
So, what's it take to be a successful Five Guys Assistant Manager?
• People & Leadership Skills - Do you know how to lead and motivate people?
This one skill set is what separates good managers from poor managers and will be the key attribute we will focus on in our interview process.
• Energy & Stamina - it's a team-based work environment and crew energy is important.
• Ability To Work At A Fast Pace - Our kitchen's have a lot going on and there's lots of on-the-line communication and job rotation. It's not for everybody.
• Good Communication - Our crew is vocal and supports and works with each other on what's happening real-time during each shift.
• Love for Great Food and Great Music - We make some of the best burgers in the biz and do it to the sounds of classic rock and roll. Yes, singing is encouraged.
• Caring About Your Teammates - Always working for the success of your team.Qualifications:
• Minimum age: 18 years old
• High school diploma, some post high school education a plus.
• 1-2 years previous leadership experience in some capacity.
• 1-2 years experience in the food service business.
• Serve Safe Certification a plus.
• Strong references from people who have worked for you and who you've worked for. Responsibilities:
• Financial and inventory management
• Crew assignment, training and motivation of the team during your shift
• Customer relationship management
• Full accountability for how the shift runs under your watch.
• Typically work both opening and closing shifts each week
Five Guys started in Arlington, Va. in 1986, as a small, family-owned and operated carry-out burger joint. A cult-like following ensued, the press started taking note and now, decades later, there are nearly 1,600 locations worldwide. We're looking for people to join the Five Guys team and help us continue to grow! It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Five Guys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.