COMPANY: Jubilee Restaurant Group
REQ #: 686706
STATUS: Full Time
SHIFT: First / Day Second / Afternoon Third / Night
LOCATION: 4796 Hwy 90 Suite 3,
Five Guys #001779,
Summary of Job:
The Assistant Manager serves as support to the General Manager by ensuring that systems and procedures meet the standards that have been established by both Five Guys and Jubilee. He/she is responsible for assisting with the managing of staff, labor, operations, and administrative procedures while maintaining a positive demeanor and leading by example. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the operations of a Five Guys restaurant and is able to transfer and validate this knowledge. Effectively uses Five Guys systems and tools.
- Teaches the culture of Jubilee Restaurant Group and Five Guys Burgers and Fries and ensures that all company policies and practices are enforced.
- Assists the General Manager with all staffing responsibilities, including, hiring, training scheduling, evaluating and disciplining.
- Supervises food preparation, customer service, cleaning, repairs and general maintenance of the restaurant and grounds.
- Participates in corporate training about standardized policies and confers weekly with senior management about restaurant operations.
- Performs daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment and to ensure that food is cooked properly. Administers Steritech audits on a regular basis.
- Administers payroll and maintains records of sales and cash receipts. Provides regular and accurate reports of operations to corporate management.
- Relates well with employees, supervisors and peers. Promotes a cooperative effort, team spirit, morale, and positive communication among employees. Leads by providing an exemplary example for others to follow.
- Resolves complaints from customers in a polite and friendly manner.
- Helps with duties of other employees when necessary because of unexpected absence or extra volume.
- Is responsible for quality control, ensuring product safety and freshness and accuracy of orders.
- Is responsible for all cash handling systems for the shift.
- Is responsible for completing and filing all incident reports and accident reports and reporting all violations of safety and other policies and follows all safety regulations in order to minimize risk.
- Is responsible for training and communicating with employees about safety polices and workplace procedures.
- Attends weekly management directional and other required meetings.
- Updates knowledge by participating in educational opportunities: i.e. corporate training classes, updates on operations manuals, webinars and further management developmental information.
- Performs other tasks proactively and to Five Guys standards.
The statements listed above describe the principal functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the position. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are unable to perform the essential functions of the job.
Degree of Supervision: Performs duties under indirect supervision.
- Accountability: Reports directly to the General Manager.
- Education or Training: Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or possess GED certificate. Comparable training and experience may suffice. Must be ServSafe certified.
- Knowledge and Experience: Restaurant operations and/or culinary experience and/or Five Guys experience required.
- Dexterity: Good manual dexterity required in office setting and restaurant setting. Must be able to function successfully in office and restaurant setting.
- Accuracy: Must be able to prepare reports, audits and track sales without error. Must be able to function in the restaurant setting by filling orders and performing other tasks without error in order to set exemplary example for managers and staff to follow.
- Physical Activity: includes keying, reaching, carrying, looking, listening, talking, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, sitting, and much standing.
- Exertion Requirements: Medium work. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds on occasion and exerting a medium level of force while frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or moving objects. Must be able to walk, stand or sit to a significant degree depending on task requirements.
- Working Conditions: Works in an office and restaurant setting which is well lit, ventilated, and temperature regulated. Automobile and other types of travel required.
- Works in close quarters near hot ovens and grills with much standing and lifting.
- Must be able to concentrate on work tasks amidst distractions such as noise, conversations, music, and foot traffic.
- Must be able to work in a confined or open area performing repetitive work for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to shift attention between various tasks; identify, comprehend and solve problems that arise; listen, understand and communicate effectively with others in high pressure or stressful situations.
- Hazards or Risks: Minimal in office. Moderate hazards and risks in restaurant involve manual handling (i.e. lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.), slips, trips ,falls, heat stress, burns, lacerations from cutting and chopping, use of electrical equipment, minimal exposure to Ecolab certified cleaning chemicals, high level of exposure to peanuts and latex.
- Worker Characteristics: Must have responsible, ethical and professional manner with the ability to listen, learn, plan and organize. Must be able to communicate with people of different races, sexes, ages and social classes.
- Non-performance Requirements: Must have a valid driver license or picture ID and Social Security card or work permit.
The statements listed above describe the principal functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the position. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and performance requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are able to perform the essential functions of the job.