COMPANY: Jubilee Restaurant Group
REQ #: 1927501
STATUS: Full Time
SHIFT: Second / Afternoon Third / Night
LOCATION: 1259 Vann Dr.,
Summary of Job:
The role of the General Manager is to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate workers and resources for efficient, well-prepared and profitable service of food. They are the 1st in charge of their restaurant and are responsible for establishing and accomplishing business objectives.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of all aspects of operating a Five Guys restaurant and is able to transfer and validate this knowledge. Effectively uses Five Guys systems and tools.
- Teaches the culture of Jubilee Restaurant Group and Five Guys Burgers and Fries and enures that all company policies and practices are enforced.
- Manages the schedule efficiently. Demonstrates effective planning or activities, focusing on priority situations and training in the face of conflicting demands and needs.
- Manages food, paper and bakery orders accurately and in a timely fashion. Works with managers for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervises portion control and quantities of prepped product to minimize waste. Performs frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
- Reviews and monitors expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations. Works to consistently improve the restaurant's financial performance.
- Effectively forecasts for optimal financial results and collects and reports financial data as directed.
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate and effective communication with employees, corporate employees, vendors and customers. Understands company expectations regarding timely and appropriate notification. Communicates effectively to the Area Director or the Director of Operations before making important decisions. Follows the proper chain of command.
- Effectively inspires others to achieve success within the Five Guys guidelines and Standards. Develops Assistant Managers, hourly Grey Shirts, and Red Shirts to excel within their career with Jubilee Restaurant Group. Coaches and encourages sub-standard performers to improve. Clearly communicates standards.
- Work with Managers and other personnel to run and execute company goals and programs.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Is responsible for anticipating the staffing needs of the store and directs and approves hiring and training of employees. Is responsible for facilitating the necessary disciplinary actions to correct policy and procedure violations and supervises all in-store terminations. Conducts orientation of all new team members and processes all personnel paperwork as directed. Is responsible for the maintenance of all personnel files.
- Investigates and resolves complaints and guest or team member problems. Communicates with the Director of Human Resources about matters that concern potential internal or external threats to the company.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of the entire restaurant. Complies with all health and safety regulations. Strives to achieve and maintain an exceptional Steritech score on a quarterly basis.
- Is responsible for all administrative practices, reports and ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
- Sets and achieves goals. Encourages Assistant Managers, Hourly Grey Shirts, and all team members to have period based goals. Includes goal related tasks in daily activities. Works with a clearly defined agenda. Identifies, focuses on, and resolves standing issues.
- Makes decisions based on clear understanding of appropriate factors and details. Anticipates roadblocks, obstacles, and challenges. Seeks out all relevant facts before acting. Proactively communicates situations and gains consensus on desired outcomes. Able to prioritize problems giving appropriate level of attention to matters.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking practices; participating in professional societies.
- Relates well with employees, supervisors and peers. Supportive of team and company decisions. Sets the example for others on a daily basis.
- Takes responsibility for actions and decisions. Takes ownership in mistakes and shortfalls without delay and in a transparent manner.
- Is responsible for quality control, ensuring product safety and freshness and accuracy of orders.
- Is responsible for all cash handling systems for the shift.
- Is responsible for completing and filing all incident reports and accident reports and reporting all violations of safety and other policies and follows all safety regulations in order to minimize risk.
- Is responsible for training and communicating with employees about safety polices and workplace procedures.
- Attends weekly management directional and other required meetings.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
The statements listed above describe the principal functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the position. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are unable to perform the essential functions of the job.Degree of Supervision:
Performs duties under indirect supervision.Performance Requirements
- Accountability: Reports directly to the Director of Operation and Area Director.
- Education or Training: Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or possess GED certificate. Comparable training and experience may suffice. Must be ServSafe certified.
- Knowledge and Experience: Restaurant operations and/or culinary experience required.
- Dexterity: Good manual dexterity required in office setting and restaurant setting. Must be able to function successfully in office and restaurant setting.
- Accuracy: Must be able to prepare reports, audits and track sales without error. Must be able to function in the restaurant setting by filling orders and performing other tasks without error in order to set exemplary example for managers and staff to follow.
- Physical Activity: includes keying, reaching, carrying, looking, listening, talking, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, sitting, and much standing.
- Exertion Requirements: Medium work. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds on occasion and exerting a medium level of force while frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or moving objects. Must be able to walk, stand or sit to a significant degree depending on task requirements.
- Working Conditions: Works in an office and restaurant setting which is well lit, ventilated, and temperature regulated. Automobile and other types of travel required.
- Works in close quarters near hot ovens and grills with much standing and lifting.
- Must be able to concentrate on work tasks amidst distractions such as noise, conversations, music, and foot traffic.
- Must be able to work in a confined or open area performing repetitive work for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to shift attention between various tasks; identify, comprehend and solve problems that arise; listen, understand and communicate effectively with others in high pressure or stressful situations.
- Hazards or Risks: Minimal in office. Moderate hazards and risks in restaurant involve manual handling (i.e. lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.), slips, trips ,falls, heat stress, burns, lacerations from cutting and chopping, use of electrical equipment, minimal exposure to Ecolab certified cleaning chemicals, high level of exposure to peanuts and latex.
- Worker Characteristics: Must have responsible, ethical and professional manner with the ability to listen, learn, plan and organize. Must be able to communicate with people of different races, sexes, ages and social classes.
- Non-performance Requirements: Must have a valid driver license or picture ID and Social Security card or work permit.
The statements listed above describe the principal functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the position. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and performance requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are able to perform the essential functions of the job.