COMPANY: Five Guys Operations
REQ #: ORGAN007558
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
This is a remote, home based position. The qualified candidate can live in: TX, CO, OK or NM and will be supporting approximately 87 locations.
The Organizational Development Partner (ODP) implements and oversees company wide
programs that increase efficiency, strengthen employee knowledge and abilities, improve leadership and
maintain the overall health of the company. The ODP is responsible for regional field support in all general
aspects of HR.
This position has a variety of daily duties to impact best practices for compliance, employee
relations, training and development, and policy/procedure management. The Organizational Development
Partner role contributes to company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people
and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. The ODP guides their
clients through all people-related matters as they navigate challenges and embrace opportunities. This
position develops and reviews training and development programs to ensure linkage to company goals.
The Organizational Development Partner focuses on building the company’s stock of human capital and
encouraging employee development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a liaison between HR Department and Operational teams. Partners with leadership to
align HR strategy to business strategy.
• Measures employee and team performance to gauge success of programs and identifies areas of
• Complete onboarding/orientation for new store openings and new General Managers.
• Advise operations teams on how to effectively support employee development and assist in driving
performance management. Partner with operational leaders on succession planning.
• Partner with operational teams on policy interpretation and performance metrics.
• Design, develop and facilitate training sessions in soft skills development, policies and leadership
skills for all store management.
• Conduct investigations on employee relations matters with appropriate tracking and record
keeping. Make recommendations based on completion of the investigation. Provide advice and
guidance on progressive discipline and documentation requirements to management.
• Attend unemployment hearings by phone or in person as needed.
• Lead or present in weekly operational meetings with senior leadership to align on current HR trends
or updates in market.
• Acts as change agent to business through process design and approaches that support change
and transformation – striving to lead mutual processes to best practice status.
• Evaluate different methodologies to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost
productivity and retention.
• Perform audits as needed, to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Analyze trends in market to determine training and development needs for all levels of store
• Partner with operational leadership teams to determine HR/Operational needs within each market.
• Assist with recruiting as needed (i.e. job fairs, interviews etc.).
• Collaborate with other HRBP’s on HR initiatives that drive both HR and Operational objectives.
• Build and foster trusting relationships (in person/remotely) with teams.
• Provide field support on HR Information systems
• Other duties/ projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Four-year degree from an accredited college or university preferred
• Minimum 4 years’ progressive HR experience, PHR or SPHR certification a plus
• Thorough knowledge of employment law, HR Operations and HR policy setting
• Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
Excellent verbal and written skills are necessary. The successful candidate/employee will be required to use written,
verbal and group communication skills. The ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions and
correspondences is necessary. It also requires the ability to read, analyze, create and interpret general business
memos and documents.
This position requires excellent business math skills.
The position requires pragmatic analyzing skills and problem-solving abilities with the depth of experience to create
best practice solutions.
Exceptional computer skills required in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and other appropriate software
This position requires no direct supervisory responsibilities
Travel will be required up to 50% of time, with occasional overnight stays.
Five Guys started in Arlington, Va. in 1986, as a small, family-owned and operated carry-out burger joint. A cult-like following ensued, the press started taking note and now, decades later, there are nearly 1,600 locations worldwide. We're looking for people to join the Five Guys team and help us continue to grow! It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Five Guys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.