COMPANY: Five Guys Enterprises
REQ #: PURCH03780
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Lorton, VA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• An expert in purchasing, the Manager negotiates food, packaging, and chemical contracts on a monthly, semi-annual and annual basis.
• Evaluates the production and distribution capabilities of all assigned suppliers, and makes decisions based on outcomes of those evaluations. Authorizes and approves contracts for assigned vendors up to $100K.
• Assists Franchisees with food, packaging, and chemical requirements and concerns.
• Develops and tests all new products to increase operations while decreasing costs.
• Evaluates current and future market conditions. Produces a weekly purchasing update that illustrates a thorough understanding of these conditions.
• Ensures that appropriate costing techniques are used to achieve overall least landed cost for products
• Responsible for oversight, management, and execution of the 3rd party contract/spend management platform.
• Closely manages weekly food and packaging prices and provides weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting updates.
• Maintains Five Guys vendor information.
• Manages marketing, quality assurance and other working relationships to ensure that objectives and business priorities are met
• Manages Product Issue Management Platform and complaints.
• Manages a team of employees, including evaluating and monitoring their ongoing performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 4 year college Degree in a related field required. MBA preferred. Equivalent life/job experience considered.
• 5+ years of food service sales and/or purchasing experience is required, preferably at a Manager Level.
• Knowledge of and expertise in Purchasing techniques is required, including the ability to evaluate current and future market conditions, negotiate, and multitask.
• Thorough understanding of protein, dairy, packaging and commodity markets is required.
Excellent verbal and written skills are necessary.
The position requires proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite programs with advance proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and iTrade or other inventory and contract management spend software programs
Five Guys started in Arlington, Va. in 1986, as a small, family-owned and operated carry-out burger joint. A cult-like following ensued, the press started taking note and now, decades later, there are nearly 1,600 locations worldwide. We're looking for people to join the Five Guys team and help us continue to grow! It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Five Guys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.