COMPANY: Five Guys Enterprises
REQ #: REGIO03859
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with franchisee, design manager and architect for schematic and reflected ceiling plan for new construction after site has been approved, the lease signed by franchisee and landlord, and lease addendum signed and approved by Five Guys Enterprises, LLC.
• Work with franchisee, design manager and architect for schematic and reflected ceiling plan for refreshes after the site has been approved by Five Guys and an architect has been hired.
• Collaborate with design manager and architect on construction documents to ensure adherence to all Five Guys specifications and finishes.
• Work with franchisee and design manager on equipment specifications.
• Communicate and review with franchisee Five Guys approved vendor list.
• Communicates with franchisee to ensure all equipment, including signage, is ordered on or before the start of construction to allow for appropriate and sufficient lead time requirements.
• Provide expert level consultation on pre-construction meetings with general contractor and franchisee and review all construction plans.
• Arrange and participate in 2 to 3 meetings with general contractor and franchisee during the construction and build-out of store.
• Consult with general contractor on all equipment specifications and the installation of all equipment.
• Meet with franchisee and general contractor for final inspection at the completion of construction and before turnover date.
• Consult with franchisee and Five Guys business manager on scheduling the opening date of the store and report weekly to the Director of Construction.
• Update a weekly development schedule for tracking purposes within the FGE organization.
• Additional projects as assigned.
• Perform any necessary feasibility studies required for construction or permitting of company owned new build or refresh locations.
• Work with design manager and architect on preliminary drawings (floor plan drawing of the leased space)
• Update the Director of Construction and the 90-day production schedule on a weekly basis.
• Work with the design manager and architect to obtain approved schematic and ceiling plans.
• Work with design manager and architect on construction and permitting documents to ensure adherence to all Five Guys specifications and finishes.
• Work with design manager and architect on all equipment specifications.
• Obtain & evaluate bids from general contractors for build out of company owned locations. Approve initial invoicing for payment according to contract.
• Choose a general contractor for each job based on experience, pricing and efficiencies.
• Supervise general contractor on all aspects of the build-out process.
• Order and manage all equipment purchases to ensure they are shipped to the location in a timely fashion to meet build out schedule.
• Assist general contractor on all equipment specifications and the installation of all equipment.
• Conduct a final inspection at the completion of construction. Work with the Five Guys operations team on a store turnover date and report this to the Director of Construction.
• Turn store over to operations in ready to open condition.
• Assist/develop national roll-out programs as required.
• Participate in additional department projects as assigned.
• 4 year college Degree preferred. Equivalent life experience considered. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
• 5+ years of related experience specifically working for another retailer (preferably a food use).
• General knowledge of construction matters.
Travel will be required 50-80% of time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
Five Guys started in Arlington, Va. in 1986, as a small, family-owned and operated carry-out burger joint. A cult-like following ensued, the press started taking note and now, decades later, there are nearly 1,600 locations worldwide. We're looking for people to join the Five Guys team and help us continue to grow! It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Five Guys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.