COMPANY: MPR Development LLC
REQ #: 3755278
STATUS: Full Time
SHIFT: First / Day Second / Afternoon
LOCATION: 10200 Forest Hill Blvd, Suite 150, Wellington, FL 33414
Summary: Shift Leaders are trained to perform all of the duties performed by the Crew Members, with additional responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the Restaurant General Manager's and Assistant Manager's absence, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance, team management and other duties as required or assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Excels in performing all Crew Member tasks including: runner/frontline coordinator, order taker/dining room attendant, grill operator, sandwich maker, fry station, drinks and cashier.
• Maintains fast accurate service, ensures an excellent customer experience, and makes sure all products are consistent with company standards.
• Leads Crew Members and directs all daily operations of the restaurant in the absence of both the General and Assistant Managers including supervising and training employees, opening and closing the store, ensuring all food preparation is complete, managing employee breaks and shift changes, and completing shift summary reports.
• Makes sure the restaurant is up to company standards with regards to cleanliness, neatness, and customer accessibility.
• Uses the company cash register accurately and maintains proper control of company assets. Makes accurate deposits.
• Works as a team player to support other employees in completing their tasks.
• Motivates and coaches Crew Members, and assists in the training of new Crew Members.
• Offers friendly and expeditious customer service.
• Completes all other duties assigned as necessary.
Qualifications Guidelines: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred, candidacy for the same is acceptable.
• 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a food service or retail environment preferred.
Language Ability: This position requires excellent written, verbal and group communication skills. This position also requires the ability to read, analyze, create and interpret general business memos and documents.
Math Ability: This position requires basic math skills.
Reasoning Ability: This position requires strong problem solving and decision making skills, and the ability to be flexible and adapt in any situation.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills are required in order to operate POS (cash registers) systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires occasional supervisory responsibilities in the absence of the General and Assistant Managers.
Physical Demands: This position will require long periods of standing on hard surfaces, occasionally in warm temperatures. There is also likely to be extensive lifting of supplies and materials and moderate to loud noise. The use of hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects is required. Finger dexterity may be required for cash register use. There will be constant exposure to hot equipment and oil throughout the work day.
Special Requirements/Certification: None The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Five Guys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Five Guys' goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, transfers, and promotions. Five Guys expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Five Guys started in Arlington, Va. in 1986, as a small, family-owned and operated carry-out burger joint. A cult-like following ensued, the press started taking note and now, decades later, there are nearly 1,600 locations worldwide. We're looking for people to join the Five Guys team and help us continue to grow! It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Five Guys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.