COMPANY: Jubilee Restaurant Group
REQ #: 686723
STATUS: Full Time
SHIFT: First / Day Second / Afternoon Third / Night
LOCATION: 10495 Hwy 49,
Summary of Job:
The Shift Leader is responsible for running the shift and serving as support management staff to the General Manager and Assistant Manager of the store.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the operations of a Five Guys restaurant and is able to transfer and validate this knowledge. Effectively uses Five Guys systems and tools.
- Teaches the culture of Jubilee Restaurant Group and Five Guys Burgers and Fries and ensures that all company policies and practices are enforced.
- Supervises and directs tasks in the food service department in accordance with established policies and procedures. Is responsible for quality control, ensuring product safety and freshness and accuracy of orders.
- Provides support, direction and assistance to subordinates on all areas of assigned duties.
- Prepares daily work station schedules and monitors and records employee attendance and performance. Is responsible for making sure that absent employee's positions are covered by other employees. Assists with interviewing and other staffing needs.
- Identifies equipment problems and schedule issues and communicates issues to managers.
- Reports staffing, morale, work methods, quality control issues and procedure problems to the management team.
- Assists managers to ensure and adhere to all brand and safety standards. Works alongside other employees and leads by example.
- Approves and manages employee break periods and time punches.
- Is responsible for all cash handling systems for the shift.
- Is responsible for training and communicating with employees about safety polices and workplace procedures.
- Is responsible for completing and filing all incident reports and accident reports and reporting all violations of safety and other policies and follows all safety regulations in order to minimize risk.
- Attends weekly management directional and other required meetings.
- Updates knowledge by participating in educational opportunities: i.e. corporate training classes, updates on operations manuals, webinars and further management developmental information.
- Performs other tasks proactively and to Five Guys standards.
The statements listed above describe the principal functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the position. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are unable to perform the essential functions of the job.Degree of Supervision:
Performs duties under indirect supervision.Performance Requirements:
- Accountability: Reports directly to the General Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Education or Training: Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or possess GED certificate. Comparable training and experience may suffice. Must be ServSafe certified.
- Knowledge and Experience: Restaurant operations and/or culinary experience is preferred.
- Dexterity: Good manual dexterity required in office setting and restaurant setting. Must be able to function successfully in office and restaurant setting.
- Accuracy: Must be able to prepare reports, audits and track sales without error. Must be able to function in the restaurant setting by filling orders and performing other tasks without error in order to set exemplary example for managers and staff to follow.
- Physical Activity: includes keying, reaching, carrying, looking, listening, talking, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, sitting, and much standing.
- Exertion Requirements: Medium work. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds on occasion and exerting a medium level of force while frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or moving objects. Must be able to walk, stand or sit to a significant degree depending on task requirements.
- Working Conditions: Works in an office and restaurant setting which is well lit, ventilated, and temperature regulated. Automobile and other types of travel required.
- Works in close quarters near hot ovens and grills with much standing and lifting.
- Must be able to concentrate on work tasks amidst distractions such as noise, conversations, music, and foot traffic.
- Must be able to work in a confined or open area performing repetitive work for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to shift attention between various tasks; identify, comprehend and solve problems that arise; listen, understand and communicate effectively with others in high pressure or stressful situations.
- Hazards or Risks: Minimal in office. Moderate hazards and risks in restaurant involve manual handling (i.e. lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.), slips, trips ,falls, heat stress, burns, lacerations from cutting and chopping, use of electrical equipment, minimal exposure to Ecolab certified cleaning chemicals, high level of exposure to peanuts and latex.
- Worker Characteristics: Must have responsible, ethical and professional manner with the ability to listen, learn, plan and organize. Must be able to communicate with people of different races, sexes, ages and social classes.
- Non-performance Requirements: Must have a valid driver license or picture ID and Social Security card or work permit. The statements listed above describe the principal functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the position. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and performance requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are able to perform the essential functions of the job.