COMPANY: Five Guys Enterprises
REQ #: 9388a223-7c44-4411-9df5-be7e41204a8e
STATUS: Full Time
As a Five Guys Staff Accountant you will work closely with the Senior Accountants, Accounting Supervisors, and the Senior Accounting Manager to prepare and review key financial information which is essential to producing reports which are utilized to make decisions for the business.
You will participate in the accurate capture of data which provides key performance indicators, as well as providing research, account analytics and the preparation of financial statements that have a direct impact on the financial health of the company.
Your Key Job Functions
- Assist in preparing the schedules for Fixed Assets and Feasibility and Intangibles.
- Record monthly depreciation and amortization expense.
- Assist in preparing ending inventory, calculating COGS and product transfers.
- Prepare month end journal entries recurring and general.
- Record monthly sales, gift card activation and employee meals
- Prepare State & Local Sales & Use tax on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Reviews the general ledger for input accuracy and makes corrections as needed
- Analyze and reconcile Income Statement accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare schedules / reconciliations for annual audit
- File annual personal property tax returns and all other necessary taxes.
- Prepare annual business license renewal forms.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life Five Guys Core Convictions:
- Remain Humble It means you re never above having to do the dishes.
- Exceed Expectations Consistently give them more than they asked for.
- Always Do The Right Thing Let your conscience be your guide and your grit.
- Lead By Example Show them what it looks like to be a great leader.
What You Bring to Five Guys
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. CPA certification is preferred
- 2+ years of accounting experience in either a food service or retail environment is preferred; however, a recent college graduate with a positive attitude to learn may be considered for the position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Business math and accounting skills are required.
- 10-Key skills required.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office. Experience with Great Plains preferred.
Why Five Guys?
- Competitive compensation plan including 401(K) with match when eligibility requirements are met.
- A choice of healthcare plans employees can customize to their needs from medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, long and short disability insurance to pet and legal services insurance.
- Ongoing growth and development opportunities.
- Growing company we project to open another 1000 to 1500 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 2000 locations globally.
- Family culture and support to succeed in your career goals. We believe every member of the Five Guys crew is a part of the Five Guys family.
- We re a group of people passionate about what we serve, who we are as a company and how we work as a team. All Five Guys employees are ready to pitch in and are fun to be around.
- There s nothing at Five Guys that didn t come from a whole lot of trial and error by our owners, the Murrells, and the thousands of people who have joined our crew over the years. As long as we stay focused on giving customers the best experience each and every time, Five Guys will remain true to our roots as a family business, doing things the right way for the right reasons.
Click here for a full description of this position
Five Guys Enterprises LLC participates in eVerify. Click here for information about eVerify.
Click the following links for important information about Five Guys' participation in this program and your rights.
eVerify Notice of Participation - English
eVerify aviso de participaci n - Espanol
Right to Work Poster - English
Derecho al trabajo en cartel - Espanol
It is the policy of Five Guys to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons.
The Company strives to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities in all areas of the Company.